North Social Terms of Service
Vocus Social Media LLC d/b/a North Social ("North Social") applications enable businesses to activate a powerful social media marketing plan. Each North Social application includes a simple do-it-yourself content management system that enables businesses to easily upload your images, links, and text and build Facebook pages without writing a single line of code. By using any of the software, applications or Web sites (collectively, "Services") offered by North Social, you (as the account owner) agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions ("Terms of Service" or Agreement). North Social reserves the right to update and change this Agreement from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Services, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to this Agreement. Continued use of the Services after any such change(s) shall constitute your consent to such changes.
Violation of any of the terms and conditions below will result in the termination of your account. While North Social prohibits certain conduct while using the Services, you understand and agree that North Social cannot be responsible for content posted by you or other users of the Services (User Content). You agree to use the Services at your own risk.
You may have the option (through special agreement only) of accessing your North Social account via an Application Program Interface (API). Any use of the API, including use of the API through a third-party product that accesses North Social Applications, is bound by the terms of this Agreement.
1. North Social is not responsible for and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the contents of or your use of the Facebook site. North Social makes no representation or warranty, whether express or implied, regarding the origin, accuracy, correctness or completeness of any information supplied by you, Facebook or others not affiliated with North Social.
2. You agree to be bound by Facebook's Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (as such may be amended or modified from time to time), which is incorporated by reference herein and can be found at: http://www.northsocial.com/terms/
or such other site as Facebook may set forth.
3. North Social does not imply, represent or warrant, by virtue of providing the ability to build Facebook pages, that North Social holds or grants any license to use any text or graphics provided by Facebook or others not affiliated with North Social. Further, your use of information obtained through the Services may be subject to restrictions imposed by one or more third-party copyright owners, including service providers to North Social, and you agree that you shall comply with any such restrictions.
4. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights (e.g. photos, videos , digital images and any other type of data) (collectively "IP Content"), you grant North Social a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP Content that you post on or in connection with the use of the Services ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP Content or your account, unless your IP Content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it. When you delete IP Content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you acknowledge that deleted content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time.
5. When you create or administer a page on Facebook, you also agree to Facebook's Pages Terms (as such may be amended or modified from time to time) located at http://www.facebook.com/terms_pages.php or such other location as Facebook may set forth, and incorporated herein by reference.
6. You must be 13 years or older to use the Services.
7. Accounts registered by "bots" or other automated methods (including use of scripts or web crawlers) are not permitted.
8. In order to use the Services you will be required to provide your legal full name, a valid email address, credit card for purposes of payment, and any other information requested as part of the registration process for the Services, or as part of your continued use of the Services. You agree that any registration information you give to North social will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
9. Your login information shall not be used by another person (i.e. - a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted). You may create separate logins for as many people as necessary.
10. You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with your account. Therefore, you agree that you will be solely responsible to North Social or its affiliates for all activities that occur under your account. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account, you agree to notify Vocus Social Media immediately:
By mail: Vocus Social Media, LLC
c/o Vocus, Inc.
ATTN: Copyright Agent
4296 Forbes Boulevard
Lanham, MD 20706
11. If you are using a free account, you are not permitted to block advertisements that may be displayed while you are using the Services.
12. One person or legal entity may not maintain more than one free account.
13. You may not use the Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in using the Services, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws, export laws regarding transmission of data or software to and from the United States or other relevant countries, etc.).
14. You expressly understand and agree that North Social shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if North Social has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from your use of the Services or your use of third-party products or services accessible via the Services.
15. Abuse or excessively frequent requests to access or use the Services, via the API or otherwise, may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of your access to the Services. North Social, in its sole discretion, will determine whether there has been abuse or excessive usage of the Services. North Social will make a reasonable attempt via email to warn you prior to suspending your account.
16. North Social reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, your access to the Services (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
17. When you visit www.northsocial.com or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications and notices from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on the www.northsocial.com site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Grant of a Limited License to Use the Services
You acknowledge that in providing the Services, North Social uses documents, software and other works of authorship, and other technology, software, hardware, products, processes, algorithms, user interfaces, know-how and other trade secrets (collectively the North Social Technology) and that the North Social Technology is covered by intellectual property rights owned or licensed by North Social. Other than as expressly set forth in this Agreement, no license or other rights in the North Social Technology are granted to you, and all rights not expressly granted to you are expressly reserved. You agree not to modify, create derivative works of, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble the Services or otherwise recreate or gain access to the source code of the Services.
You further agree not to (i) license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute or otherwise commercially exploit or make the Services available to any third party; or (ii) access the Services in order to (a) build a competitive product or service, (b) build a product using similar ideas, features, functions or graphics or (c) copy any ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Services.
Payment, Refunds, Upgrading and Downgrading Terms
1. A valid credit card is required for set up of all accounts regardless of whether the account is free for purposes of verifying User identify.
2. If you sign up for a free trial of a North Social account, and you do not cancel that account before the expiration of the free trial period, you will be billed monthly starting on the day after your trial period expires. If you cancel properly prior to the processing of your first billing, you will not be charged.
3. Charges for access to the Services are billed in advance on a monthly basis and are non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of use of the Services, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with on an active account.
4. All charges for access are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties in addition to your monthly access account fees, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes when applicable. You agree that we may add such charges to your credit card for payment as part of your monthly account fees.
5. For any upgrade or downgrade in plan level, your credit card will automatically be charged the new rate on your next billing cycle. Your plan and access fees will be adjusted automatically based upon fan or data thresholds as set forth in the plan pricing.
6. Downgrading your Services may cause you to lose access to certain content or features of your account or the Services. North Social does not accept any liability for such loss.
Cancellation and Termination
1. You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. An email, other than to the address set forth in this Section 1, or phone request to cancel your account shall not be considered cancellation of your account or termination of the terms of this Agreement. You can cancel your account at any time by submitting a cancellation request in the form of a support ticket by clicking the Support tab on the North Social website or by sending an email to email@example.com with the instructions to cancel your account, including your name and the user name on the account.
2. All of your User Content and account information will ultimately be deleted from our system after cancellation of the account. This information cannot be recovered once your account is cancelled.
3. If you cancel the Services before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately, however, the North Social applications will remain functional through the end of your current monthly billing period.
4. North Social, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Services, or any other North Social Services, for any reason at any time. Such termination of Services will result in the deactivation or deletion of your account with no refund, or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all User Content in your account. North Social reserves the right to refuse to provide any of the Services to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
1. Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees for Services, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the North Social Web site (www.northsocial.com) or such other method as chosen by North Social and/or via a software application we offer.
2. North Social shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of any of the Services. By utilizing the Services of this Agreement you accept the terms herein and agree to waive your right to file a claim for losses, damages, etc. against North Social and its affiliates for any such changes.
Copyright and Content Ownership
1. All User Content posted on the Services must comply with U.S. copyright law. You are responsible for adhering to our copyright infringement notification process located at the bottom of this page.
2. We claim no intellectual property rights over the material or content you submit, post or display, on or through the Services. Your account information and the materials or content you upload while using the Services remain yours. By using our Services to publish a page or profile on Facebook or another social media site, and agreeing to these Terms of Service, you grant North Social the non-exclusive right and license to use captured images and other data from your page or profile for promotional or marketing purposes. By granting this right you agree that North Social and its affiliates have a license to use this material or content for the sole purpose set forth in this Section. In addition, by setting your pages to be shared publicly, you agree to allow others to view and share your User Content.
3. North Social does not pre-screen User Content, but North Social and its designee(s) have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any User Content that is available via the Services.
4. Unless written permission is provided by Vocus Social Media, LLC, nothing in this Agreement gives you a right to use any of Vocus Social Media trade names, trademarks, services marks, logos, domain names, or other distinctive brand names.
5. Vocus Social Media, LLC is the copyright owner of all content on the www.northsocial.com site. All rights reserved. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the HTML/CSS or visual design elements of the www.northsocial.com site without express written permission from Vocus Social Media, LLC.
1. Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. The Services are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
2. Technical support is only provided to paying account holders and is only available at the levels offered for the specific account plan that you have signed up for.
3. You understand that North Social uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technologies required to run the Services. These vendors and partners may have access to User Content, profile pages, account information or any other information submitted via the Services.
4. You shall not modify, adapt, access without authorization or hack the Services or modify another Web site so as create the impression that it is associated with the Services, North Social, or any other entity affiliated with North Social.
5. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Services, use of the Services, or access to the Services, without the express written permission of North Social.
6. We may, but have no obligation to, remove User Content or other information and accounts containing any information that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or that violate any party's intellectual property or this Agreement.
7. Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any North Social user, customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination with no refund.
8. You understand and agree the technical processing and transmission of the Services, including your User Content, may be transferred in unencrypted form and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
9. You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMS, or "spam" messages.
10. You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
11. If your bandwidth usage exceeds 300 MB/month, or significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by North Social) of other North Social customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
12. North Social does not warrant that (i) the Services will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Services will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, Services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Services will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Services will be corrected.
13. You expressly acknowledge and agree that North Social shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if North Social has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Services; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Services; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the Services; (v) or any other matter relating to the Services.
14. The failure of North Social to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Services shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Services constitutes the entire agreement between you and North Social and govern your use of the Services, superseding any prior agreements between you and North Social (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service )
Notification of Copyright Infringement Claims
Vocus Social Media LLC and its US affiliates comply with U.S. copyright law. Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. 512), copyright owners have the right to notify Vocus Social Media LLC, if they believe that an account user of a North Social application has infringed the copyright owner's work(s). Notifications of claimed copyright infringement must be submitted in writing to North Social's designated copyright agent for receiving such notifications.
By mail: Vocus Social Media, LLC
c/o Vocus, Inc.
ATTN: Copyright Agent
4296 Forbes Boulevard
Lanham, MD 20706
To be effective, the notification of claimed infringement must be a written communication and must include the following information:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
2. A list identifying the material(s) that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information sufficient to permit North Social to locate the material.
3. Information reasonably sufficient to permit North Social to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
4. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
5. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Types of Information We Collect and What We Do With It
When you register for the Services we ask for information such as your name, company name, email address, billing address, credit card information. If you sign up for a free account, you will be required to enter a credit card number so that we can authenticate your identity.
We collect the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, aggregate information on what pages visitors to our Web site(s) access or view, and information voluntarily provided to us (such as survey information and/or account registration information).
The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web pages and the quality of our Services, and is not shared or sold to third parties for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
In the event of merger, acquisition or name change North Social reserves the right to assign the terms of this Agreement to such new party. North Social may provide you with notice of such assignment via the email address provided in your account information. You may not assign this agreement without the written permission of North Social.
We may use cookie technology to track or record information about our Web site visitors. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, which is sent to your browser from a Web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. We require the use of cookie technology so that we can present the correct information to users as they move from screen to screen.
North Social uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run North Social. Although North Social owns the code, databases, and all rights to the North Social application, you retain all rights to your personal information.
North Social may disclose your personal information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or if your actions violate the Terms of Service.
Upon request we may provide site visitors with access to information that we have collected and that we maintain about them. Upon request we offer visitors the ability to have inaccuracies corrected in contact information. You can have this information corrected by contacting North Social. You can elect to opt out at any time.